Monday, September 23, 2013

The road to Burning Man 2014

A couple years ago, a friend once said to me, "what you seek is seeking you," and the expression has stuck with me ever since.  So earlier this year, while at Coachella - in a moment of total serendipity, I was drawn to a group of people I had never met before. They exposed me to the idea of Burning Man and it sparked something inside of me that has only continued to grow in the months that followed.

What I learned from them and other past Burners, is that Burning Man is not any one thing but instead, it's anything you want it to be.  It can be a yoga retreat, a 7-day dance party, a chance to sit & learn from our elders, a time to take action, or it can be all of those things or none at all. That's the beauty of Burning Man.

I'm a firm believer that if you want something bad enough, you need to put it out into the world or it will never happen.  So, while my move to California may have postponed my 2013 plans on the Playa, it's now enabled me to take the time to recruit others to join me for Burning Man 2014.

So if you are reading this - this is your invitation.

Photo cred: Paul Duane
I will be posting more info on dates, tickets, and local events as they become available.

UPDATE: Jan 13, 2014 - tickets go on sale February 20th - learn more here.

Follow along on Instagram - @thedavecoast.

d. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this. Similar to my journey to Burning Man - been thinking about it on and off for a few years, just got back from Coachella where I met a bunch of Burning Man people and made the decision to finally get myself to the playa this year. Hardest part is finding a camp or group to get into!

    ReplyDelete