Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Lucky #4

1 social security number, 2 apartments, 3 close calls on my bike and 4 weeks later, I’m officially starting to make sense of Los Angeles.

Drivers are nice…to people on bikes. Sweats are popular workout clothes when it's 100 degrees out. I never know if the pee I’m smelling belongs to a dog or human. And there are two major health insurance options, a PPO and an HMO – both require a PHd to understand.

I’ve been here for a month.  And I’d be happy to squash any myths and rumors I was told before getting here.   Especially the one about wearing white in LA – it’s just completely untrue that your shirt will be grey by the end of the day. Sorry. 

But seriously, LA is great and still very much a mystery to me. In the coming weeks, I’m looking forward to exploring more hoods, meeting more people and taking my #toofittoquit attitude to places it's never been before – including my first ever triathlon this November. 

Quote of the week

"Winners build on mistakes. Losers dwell on them."


Follow along on Instagram - @thedavecoast.

Cruising down the PCH - Malibu, CA




















d.

No comments:

Post a Comment