Sunday, August 18, 2013

Week 1 in LA

Beads of sweat are rushing down my face.  The music is blaring and I can barely hear my own thoughts, let alone the words coming out of the man at the front of the room.  The woman beside me keeps correcting my posture and my Lululemon tank weighs about 5lbs from all the bodily fluid it’s holding in.  It’s in this moment, with my feet locked into the bike below me at SoulCycle that I realize; I have never felt so alive during a workout.

This is day 7.

As some of you may already know, last Sunday, I packed up my belongings and said goodbye to my life in Vancouver.  Today, like another 12.8 million other people, I call the city of Los Angeles home.

The most common question I get asked, is why did I move here?  In short, I saw an opportunity, focused my attention and went for it.  The 330 annual days of sunshine had nothing to do with it...

But really, I’ve come to Los Angeles, to start the next chapter of my life.  To help grow a young company, break bread with smart, passionate people and to continue to become the best possible me that I can be.  And if I happen to inspire a few others along the way, then even better.

Moving to a new city is TOUGH and couple that with starting a new job at the same time, and I can tell you, I was nervous.  But at the same time, I was really excited.

Excited > nervous.

So here I am, 7 days later. Living in a friend’s apartment until I find more permanent digs – and for all of you back home wondering, I can honestly say, life is good.

Shout-out: thank you to the people of LA for the extra warm welcome. You are awesome.

Week 1 - the numbers.
  • 82 miles travelled in my rental car
  • 48 hours clocked in the office over 4 days
  • 16 miles of running
  • 9 visits to Wholefoods
  • 3 Mexican dinners
  • 2 family reunions
  • 1 mountain climbed
  • 1 day at the beach
  • 1 yoga class 
  • 1 Soul Cycle and
  • 0 celebrity sightings
Wilshire & La Cienega Blvd - Beverly Hills, CA






















Follow along on Instagram - @thedavecoast.
d.


No comments:

Post a Comment